Murgitroyd & Company created its own patent translation department in 1997 to guarantee the provision of high-quality and technically accurate patent translations to its customers. The in-house patent translation team is exclusively dedicated to the professional translation of patents and IP-related materials (claims, European patent validations, national validations, specifications, drawings, abstracts, European applications, international applications, assignments, documents for Information Disclosure Statement (IDS) preparation, etc.)
The team has now translated in excess of 23 million patent words. Our full-time, in-house, native-speaking, English, French and German translators have a combined total of over 90 years of patent and IP-related translation experience. For all other languages, the translation team works only with experienced and tested professional translators, specially selected for their expertise in a specific technical field.
- As part of a translator-managed team (General Manager, Translation), our translators have access to other dedicated professional graduate linguists, who are native-speakers of the source and target language texts.
- As part of Murgitroyd & Company, our translators have access to specialist technical multi-lingual consultancy from patent attorneys expert in the field of each translation.
- As specialists in IP translation, our translators understand the process of patent drafting, the structure of claims and the implications of their choice of terminology.
- Our translators read the full specification in detail prior to translating the claims.
- Our translators also have access to the best online and print resources for terminology selection and checking.
- Our translators work in close collaboration to implement our triple-check system for all claims translations.
- Our translators benefit from on-going technical training and feedback from our patent attorneys.
- With its extensive hands-on translation experience, our team is best placed to hand pick the best translators and with the support of our multi-lingual patent attorneys, is the ideal choice for the coordination of your patent and IP-related materials into Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian and Swedish.
- All our translations are fully insured.
- Quality is monitored through periodic translation and file audits.
For more information or a cost estimate, please contact Laurence Rubaud
at +44 (0) 141 307 8400 or email@example.com
("Bristows continue to use Spectra for translations, because of the knowledgeable, accurate and efficient service." - Ruth Dabbs, Deputy Information Centre Manager, Bristows)
For all other non-IP translation needs, into and from virtually any language in the world, click below to visit Murgitroyd's subsidiary SPECTRA (www.spectratranslations.com)
To request a no-obligation estimate please click here
Laurence Rubaud is also a member of JAT- Japan Association of Translators