About Murgitroyd & Company
Just like the many inventors and forward-thinkers he has represented over the years, Ian Murgitroyd left the corporate world to open his own practice in 1975, armed with a sincere conviction that “there must be a better way.”
His vision was simple: to create a global IP firm that treated its clients as partners; that delivered the IP services that they wanted when they wanted them; that delivered exceptional service above and beyond what was required or even expected; and that had no equal when it came to technical and legal expertise on all IP matters throughout Europe and beyond.
More than 135,000 IP families later
From one Glasgow office, Murgitroyd & Company now has 13 offices throughout the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Finland and Italy providing local and European representation as well as direct representation rights in The Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Monaco, Switzerland, Sweden, and Denmark along with client liaison offices in the United States.
Murgitroyd & Company now ranks among the largest groups of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys in Europe — with over 75 Patent and Trade Mark Professionals and more than 230 staff. How did Murgitroyd & Company achieve such stature? It’s simple: an overwhelming commitment to serving the needs of clients, staff, investors and the communities in which we work and live.
- Charges will be fair and reasonable
- Cost estimates will be provided — with immediate notification of significant variances
- Overall responsibility for each client will be assigned to a suitably qualified professional
- Specialists and assistants will be assigned based on their experience with a client’s particular technology or service requirements
- All clients will be treated with the same high degree of professionalism
- All actions taken on behalf of clients will be agreed upon in advance
- Phone calls will be returned within 24 hours and general/specific technical information requests acknowledged promptly and responded to where possible within 2 days
- All reports will be concise and in language that is easy to understand
- Every opportunity to make a long-term impact on a client’s success will be acted upon
- All work will adhere to the quality management framework of the ISO 9001:2008 standard